Streb: How To Live Right
A lot of people think Christians are self-righteous because they're always preaching how others should be. Those people usually think Christians are hypocrites because they don't practice what they preach. Do not think that because I have
listed these things that I do them all of the time. I try, but
I fail. But, I keep trying nonetheless. This is a list I made for myself. I just want to share it with you.
DON'T: Watch TV, drink, smoke, overeat, undereat, or swear
- Follow the Ten Commandments [ Ex 20, Dt 5 ]
- Love your neighbor as yourself
- Lead a quiet life, mind your own business, and work with your hands (be independent) [ 1 Th 4:11 ]
- Respect yourself and others, live in peace, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone, be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances [ 1 Th 5:12 ]
- Help the widows and the orphans
- Practice the Golden Rule (Which means to treat other people the way you would want someone to treat you - it does not mean to treat others the way they treat you!)
- See 1 Tim 1:7-9, 3:2-12
- See Is 58:6-10
Live "so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming." (1 John 2:28) To do this, we must think before we speak and act.
updated: January 29, 1999